Finding a perfect Laptop which provides great performance while staying on a budget can be a hard job but its not impossible. We have compiled a list of Best budget laptop for college students.
Because we know that buying an expensive Laptop for a student is impossible,
In Short: If you are looking for an affordable Laptop for studies then here are the Best budget Laptops for Students:
Let's get started.
Also Read: Best Gaming Laptops under $1500 [Latest]
Best Budget Laptop for College Students:
Thanks to the performance and price of these laptops, these are the most inexpensive and budget laptops which you can consider in 2021:
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor
- RAM is upgraded to 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once.
- 256GB Solid State Drive Save files fast and store more data.
- 14. 0 inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display; Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory.
- Long-lasting battery
The CPU of this laptop is a 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G4 that runs at about 1.20 GHz. The battery life is great plus the system is fast. Although it can’t be compared to an i7 or i9, it does the job great for the price.
The upgraded 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM helps in multi-tasking and performing the tasks smoothly and faster. This RAM not only allows video editing but perfect for photo and music editing as well. It has a good memory speed of 2666 MHz:
Save large files and data with 256GB SSD (Solid-state drive), this amount of storage won’t compromise on saving movies, songs, and books. Well, 256GB is not quite enough, the Laptop boots fast. The drive won’t compromise on the performance but an external drive may be needed for additional work.
A customer's feedback after using Dell Inspiron 14:
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- Long-lasting battery
Acer Aspire 5 has an AMD Ryzen 3 3200u (Dual-core processor) that can run up to 3.5 GHz. It works at a memory speed of 2666MHz which is really impressive. It has AMD Radeon RX Vega 3 GPU which is okay for low-spec games:
It Works comfortably with 4GB DDR4 memory, with this RAM you can easily do your regular college work but if you want to do multitasking and some heavy work then get some additional DDR4 RAM (Recommended). It has 128GB SSD which is a major flaw but you can add additional storage space easily.
For this price, you can't complain about its features and performance.
A customer's feedback after using Acer Aspire 5:
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dolby Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-Control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 WiFi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter for your webcam. You'll enjoy privacy right at your fingertips
It has a powerful CPU consists of AMD Ryzen 5 3500U quad-core processor with powerful AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics which gives you a dream gaming performance in such a good budget, You can play some high-quality games like GTA V with 1080p at 35-45 FPS which you can’t even think to play on an Intel within same price range. Play Fortnite with powerful Vega 8 graphics with 720p at 35-40 FPS. Enjoy crystal clear sound through its speakers by Dolby Audio:
It works with 8GB DDR4 RAM works with 2.1GHz CPU speed which will assist you in video editing and playing games, the 256GB SSD will not be enough for some of you. The keyboard is good fit and small but works perfectly.
A customer's feedback after using Lenovo Ideapad 3:
- Powerful AMD Quad Core r5-3500u Processor (2M Cache, upto 3. 6 GHz)
- 14.1 inch wide, 0.7 inch thin and portable footprint with a Nano Edge bezel for a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6 inch anti-glare full HD Wide view display with Asus splendid software enhancement
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint reader
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3. 1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3. 0, USB 2. 0, and HDMI
The 15.6” Full HD anti-glare screen gives a dream high-quality display. ASUS VivoBook 15 has an 8GB DDR4 RAM which makes Photoshop and other editing programs like Premiere Pro run smoother and faster. The 256GB SSD helps in saving more data and files:
The battery life is not too bad and not impressive either, the keyboard is backlit and very comfortable to use. The typing angle of the keyboard is great plus the machine boots faster. The fingerprint reader is a plus point:
A customer's feedback after using ASUS Vivobook 15:
5. Acer Spin 3
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565U Processor
- 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Multi Touch Convertible Display
- 16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB SSD
- Rechargeable Active Stylus; Thin 0.38 inches Bezel; Dual Front Facing Speakers; 802.11acWi Fi featuring 2x2 MU MIMO Technology
- Low-weight and ultra-portable
The display of this laptop is 14 inches full HD IPS touch-screen which gives it a beautiful look, it will give you fun while working on such a big HD screen. The 8th generation Intel Core i7 8565 Processor makes it very fast, the 512GB SSD gives a very large amount of space for your all files and documents.
The extra point is the laptop works very fast due to its 16GB DDR4 memory. You can play really great games on this RAM:
The fingerprint reader provides high-level biometric security, the Acer Spin 3 comes with a dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) with MU-MIMO, which provides faster and wireless speed.
A customer's feedback after using Acer Spin 3:
- This touchscreen laptop has a 10-hour battery life; up to 4GB DDR4 Memory and 64GB Flash Storage
- 2-In-1 convertible Chromebook: providing the convenience of a laptop and the mobility of a tablet
- drag and click with the swipe or tap of your fingers with this touchscreen tablet laptop.
- take your flip laptop wherever you go. Its sleek design, Light weight, and seamless Google service offer accessibility at any location
- this slim laptop includes a backlit keyboard, numeric keypad, and 720P camera
It works on the Intel Celeron N4000 dual-core processor which works on a speed of 1.1 GHz to 2.6 GHz. It is a Chromebook so it has built-in Chrome OS, enjoy hundreds of apps from Google store:
It has a 9 hours long battery life perfect which is enough for a school day, you can connect to the internet via 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi, It has 2 USB-A (3.1 Gen 1) and 2 USB-C (3.1 Gen 1) ports. The Bluetooth version is 4.2: It has a weight of 2.6 pounds so you can carry it with yourself just like a notebook. You can easily sync it with your Android devices and anything which is connected to your Google account.
So if you want a portable laptop with a touch screen display for the purpose of regular or school work then you should grab it!
A customer's feedback after using Lenovo Chromebook C340 :
- 13.3 inch wide-view full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265u processor
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC) and Micro SD card reader
- Sleek and lightweight 2.5 pounds aluminum body for comfortable portability
It is an ultra-slim Laptop with a wide-view of 13.3 inches of a full HD screen, it has a powerful 8th generation Intel-Core i5 8265 processor with a great combination of 8GB RAM which makes it ultra-fast and enables it to do multi-tasking:
The Windows 10 is pre-installed on the machine:
It has a very sleek and light-weight Aluminum built body, which makes it ultra-portable and easy for travel. The keyboard and touchpad are very comfortable to use. The battery life is really great.
A customer's feedback after using ASUS Zenbook 13:
- AMD Dual Core Ryzen 3 3200U Processor
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM, 256GB Solid Sata Drive
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge Touchscreen
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2
The 14” inch HD touch screen gives a brilliant performance while watching shows, movies, and playing games. It has an AMD dual-core Ryzen 3 3200U processor which works on a speed of 2.6GHz to 3.5 GHz:
There is no backlit-keyboard, it has a really great HD SVA bright-view touch screen which works excellent. The system works on Windows 10 Home 64 Bit:
There are too many ports and slots present for USB, HDMI, headphones. Realtek Wifi and Bluetooth enables to connect wireless.
A customer's feedback after using HP 2020 14:
- Acer Swift 1 Ultrabook Pure Silver featured fingerprint reader
- 13.3" Full HD IPS Anti-Glare ComfyView LED Backlit Display
- Quad-Core Intel Pentium N4200 with Intel HD graphics 505
- SD card reader | 1 x USB 2.0 | 2 x USB 3.0 | 1 x USB-C 3.1 | HDMI
- 4GB DDR3L SDRAM 1600MHz | 64GB eMMC flash drive | Built in WiFi 802.11 ac | Bluetooth 4.0| Windows 10 OS
The notebook has a 13.3-inch screen with an anti-glare LED-backlit display (1920x1080). This type of HD screen is almost impossible to find at this price. It comes with an HD webcam, stereo speakers and a really great Fingerprint reader:
The 4GB DDR3L SDRAM works with a memory speed of 1600 MHz. The 64 GB eMMC flash drive helps in saving notes but it is not quite enough plus the eMMC flash drives are slower than SSDs. The eMMc is not replaceable but you can easily add M.2 data SSD, you can access the slot by removing the bottom:
It supports card reader (1) USB 2.0 (2) USB 3.0 (1) USB Type-C 3.1, Bluetooth 4.0 and HDMI. Connect to the internet through built-in WiFi 802.11ac, Work comfortably with Windows 10.
A customer's feedback after using Acer Swift 1 Ultrabook:
10. ASUS Laptop L406
- Intel Celeron N4000 Processor
- 1-year Microsoft 365 Personal subscription
- Thin and lightweight design
- Ergonomic chiclet keyboard
- Lightning-fast Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
Intel Celeron N4000 Processor with a speed of 2.6 GHz, you can play old games with the 4GB intel UHD graphics 600. The Laptop doesn’t have an optical drive:
Connect wirelessly through Bluetooth and WiFi 802.11 ac, it also has 2 USB 3.0 ports:
A customer's feedback after using ASUS L406:
Also Read: Best Gaming Chairs for Heavyweight people
How to choose a Budget Laptop for Yourself:
Here are the most basic things you need to keep in your mind while selecting a Laptop for yourself:
OS: You should confirm that the Operating System you want to use on the Laptop is supported by the system or not. Also keep the softwares in your mind which you will be using and check their compatability with the OS then move on the next step.
Screen size: Select the right screen size of the Laptop, depending on your budget the screen sizes of Laptop vary we recommend at least 13.3 inch HD screen with 1366 x 768 pixels.
Processor: The performance of a Laptop relies on its processor, it manages most of the things you will be running, so you have to pick the right processor for yourself.
RAM and Storage: Choose the correct RAM and storage size by keeping your needs in mind. Budget laptops mostly have 2GB or 4GB of RAM sometimes 8GB. The more RAM you have the faster the system will be managing the tasks.
There are two types of RAM you can get:
DDR4: 1.6 to 3.2 Gbps data rate
DDR5: 4.8 to 6.4Gbps data rate
Connectivity and ports: Almost all in-expensive laptops provide HDMI, USB 2.0 and 3 ports. Bluetooth and dual band AC WiFi are installed.
Battery: Don't go for budget laptops having a low battery life like 3 to 3.5 hours, Now a days almost all budget Laptops are providing a long battery life.